Thursday 31 May 2012

THING 1



Firstly - my reason for my ID - 'The Creaking Foilist'... just started back fencing (Foil) after a few years lay off, and now starting to creak a bit - sticking with it though, will ease eventually.


Some info about me and my blog...


I have worked in a number of places in a variety of posts, and am currently a support officer in the Learning Resource Centre (LRC) of Neath Port Talbot College.  The LRC primarily offers students, and staff, a range of library and computer facilities and resources.


Although I am not a qualified librarian, as my background has mainly involved IT and computers I am able to utilise my knowledge and experience to assist students and staff in all aspects of their work, and to help resolve any problems they may experience in terms of hardware, software and networking etc.


It would be useful I feel for staff of a similar position to myself to share information via our blogs that suggest fixes, and/or resource links, to particular/common problems that students and staff might experience, such as an online .pdf form that prints as garbage characters.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting blog. Short and to the point. Good idea to share IT info and fixes with others.

    ReplyDelete