Tuesday 3 July 2012

THING 3


In Thing 3 (my 'brand') I have used the suggested criteria outlined in the CPD23 schedule...


Name used - For general web-based activities I prefer the name 'Gee', but for my Blog I have adopted 'The Creaking Foilist'.   This is related to my retaking-up, after some years absence, the sport of fencing.  My main weapon of choice is the Foil, and after a few sessions some initial aches and pains have crept in - hence the Blog name.

Photograph - It is my own strict rule that I never place pictures of myself (which show my face) on any web/email source etc.  This rule is rigidly adopted due to previous experiences where such uploaded images were used for abusive purposes.  Consequently, I usually use a picture of an animal for an ID image, or if of me, one angled/distanced/obscured as not to display my face (like the one used for my Blog profile).

Professional/personal identity -  I have no problem with mixing my workplace identity with my personal identity.  I have a strict rule though in not web-broadcasting details regarding my personal life, eg. my address, mobile number, personal email address, and family member names etc.   

Visual brand - I haven't such a 'brand' or view of myself really - I take me 'as I come', and feel only those who know me can have a (true) concept of me as an individual.  I could ask them... but risky?   As a general view though, I can say that I like to keep busy, try new things, care a lot about animals, and am careful with money (some would say tight/mean even - and that's OK).  Oh - and I'm definitely cute.


Activity - Searching for my name on Google etc brings up things I am involved with on professional/voluntary levels, eg. animal welfare and other interests, but not, and designed so, personal-based aspects.


No comments:

Post a Comment